Friday, September 16, 2011

Dawgs WIll Roll, I'm Off to Watch the Navy Choke the Chickens



Navy is playing in Columbia, SC tomorrow and I will be there with about a dozen Navy buddies. I was a plebe in Annapolis in 1984 when Navy beat then #2 ranked South Carolina and knocked them out of the Orange Bowl and a chance at a national title. At this point in the season, the Gamecocks aren't in the national title discussion but they are ranked #10 in the land, so a Navy victory would be another colossal upset. It won't help that Navy lost their top running back last week with a broken arm, but the Navy offense is all about execution and I think they will have some rushing success in this game. However, I can't envision any chance for Navy to stop Marcus Lattimore and Alshon Jefferey. There is always the chance of a SC let down after the hard fought win over the Dawgs last Saturday. On paper, however, Navy will be doing well to keep the game inside 20 points.

I am going to have a good time with friends. If Navy surprises us with shocking upset, that will be a bonus. I hope you Dawgs will be pulling for the Mids tomorrow. To do otherwise is clearly treasonous. Go NAVY, beat South Carolina. Fear the Goat!Go DAWGS! GATA!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think it is intense heat if Dawgs will truly roll. that's the best he can be.. Amanda Vanderpool