Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Watch Your Mouth

After the worst start for a Georgia football team in my lifetime, I am as disappointed as everyone else. And I will voice my concerns, frustrations, rants etc. However, I will do it in private among close friends and family. One reason is that I don't want to look like a spoiled immature whiny bitch in public. Another reason is that the public doesn't care what I think. A third reason is that Michael Adams, Greg McGarity, Coach Richt, Coach Bobo and Coach Grantham aren't going to give my opinion much weight - if any at all. But the final and most important reason that I don't air angry disaffection in the public forum is because acting like some of our fans are now acting adversely affects our recruiting efforts - whether we are recruiting players or potential coaches. If the first three reasons do not dissuade you to tone down the public flinging of feces, please consider the fourth.

Seriously... don't be this kid:

1 comment:

JenniferfromLaJolla said...

Well said Hamp!

I feel the same way. Doesn't really matter what I think, or feel--I am not a big donor, have no seat at the table, so I might as well sit back and see what happens. I root for the red and black, win, lose or draw. Win happens to be more fun, but I can deal with the other two options. People need to keep things in perspective.