Monday, September 11, 2006

PERFECT

(perfectly awful)

That is how I would describe my predictions for the games last Saturday. At least Navy and Georgia won for me. Texas and Penn State got manhandled and steamrolled and I did not see it coming. Yep, my crystal ball was severely clouded and in bad need of some Calgon.

I did not anticipate the injury to Joe T III, so I was clearly wrong about the role played by Stafford in Georgia's game. The true freshman came in early, played well and showed signs of brilliance. He also showed signs of freshmanity as he threw three interceptions. According to the reports I have seen, Joe T III will be out for a few weeks. This means Stafford will get a lot of work with the first team in practice and several games under his belt. Joe Cox will probably get some reps as well. By the time Joe T III is healthy again, the youth movement may prevent his return to the QB rotation. We shall see.

No comments: