Monday, December 28, 2009

HDD Prediction and Predilection: Texas A&M Edition

As a blogger, I have been a lot like Hank Moody lately... the writer who doesn't write. Trust me when I tell you that I have successfully wasted that time in other worthwhile pursuits. Regardless, I have followed all of the Dawg Bloggers who actually blog and Tweet. Since our search for defensive coaches has produced less reliable information than an FOIA request to a Democrat Administration, I haven't bothered to opine.

But, I do want to go on record predicting a narrow victory by the Dawgs in the Independence Bowl today. By my reckoning, both teams will have success moving the ball and scoring points. I am concerned about the Aggies' QB who has a good arm and is extremely mobile. He looked great against Texas and they have a speedy receiving corps that has me concerned that our pass D could be exposed again. But, the good news is that Baccari Rambo will be back and hopefully will continue to make the same impact he made in his last couple of games before his concussion.

On the other hand, I think Joe Cox will take advantage of his last chance to throw footballs to AJ Green and Company. Man it seems like an eternity since we were able to be thrilled and awed by AJ's talents. It will be great to have him back on the field. It will be twice as nice if we are able to run the ball like we were at the end of the regular season. However, the loss of Josh Davis will hurt. (At least I think he is out or at a minimum, he is ailing.)

My expectation is that both teams will eclipse the 30 point barrier. In fact, I think this game will be won on the toe of Blair Walsh at the end of regulation or in overtime. Yes, I am expecting nothing less than another close nail-biter, which is a fitting way for this season to draw the curtain.

Pay special attention to Rennie Curran today because it may be your last chance to watch him in a Dawgs uniform. I hope not, but just in case! We need Justin Houston to bring the vicious pass rush and be a disruptive force in the Aggie backfield. In addition, let's hope to see a grand finale from the tremendous trio of senior tackles - Owens, Weston and Atkins.

Lastly, how great would it be for OchoDos, Mike Moore, to finish his career with at least one more TD grab.

HDD Final Score: DAWGS 34 - Texas A&M 31.

GO DAWGS. GATA!!!!!

1 comment:

MikeInValdosta said...

I am Hank moody. Valdostafication, baby!