Wednesday, September 17, 2008

HDD Prediction ASU Edition

I will be on the road the rest of the week and weekend so I will give my $0.02 now and then sit back and let the game come to me.

I expect our offense to move the ball well and score over 30 points. I think we will see 40 or more rushes and about 25-30 passes. The second half should be where the running game really grinds out the yardage and puts the game away. If we catch the damn football, we will have good opportunities off of play action. We will rush for 200 yards and pass for 225 yards.

Rudy Carpenter will get his 250 yards passing. They will not be able to run the ball, so passing will be their only option. We will bring more blitzes from different angles to make him get rid of the ball more quickly than we did last week. I know Coach Richt said blitzing Rudy can lead to improvement in his performance. That is a smokescreen. We will blitz him hard early and often, a la Colt Brennan. In the ASU-USC game last year, Rudy had a great 1st quarter. But USC adjusted and started blitzing lights out the next three quarters resulting in 6 sacks. Carpenter was sacked 54 times last year. His o-line has protected him better thus far this year. We must get a rush on him and it may take blitzing linebackers to make it happen. If we get to him early on, he will rattle and then we could be in for a great ride. If he has time to throw, they will score some TDs. I think we will get to him some but not as much as we want to.

I hope all of our traveling fan contingent has a great time in Tempe and convince the ASU fans to come to Athens for the return game.

HDD Prediction: DAWGS 38 - ASU 21

GATA!

No comments: