Saturday, September 23, 2006

Week 4 Fearless Predictions

I don't know my record the past few weeks, but Jimmy the Greek, I am not. I am out of synch with Notre Dame. I picked them to lose to PSU and to beat Michigan. I did correctly predict Auburn over LSU and Florida over Tennessee. But I thought Oklahoma would survive the trip to Oregon - I am not so sure I should count that pick in the L column. Anyway, on an uninspiring weekend of CFB, here are my picks...

Penn State at Ohio State. The Buckeyes have waited one year for this revenge match. The Nittany Lions will not ruin their season this year. OSU 34 - PSU 17.

Arizona State at Cal. This may be the most difficult game to pick this week. I mailed in Cal's season when they got shredded by Erik Ainge. I will remain a detractor. ASU 27 - Cal 21.

Notre Dame at Michigan State. This is the squad that typically foils the Irish. But, while I no longer think Notre Dame is BCS caliber, they will rebound ad embarass the Spartans. ND 30 - MSU 10.

Wisconsin and Michigan. The Badgers, without Barry Alvarez, are quietly 3-0. Michigan is coming off one of their biggest win in several years. Letdown game? Not quite. Michigan 28 - Wisconsin 20.

USC at Arizona. The Mildcats take another beating. USC 45 - Zona 7.

Kentucky at Florida. Last year, Leake and company scored a barrage of points in the first half and went to sleep. Then Kentucky scored a barrage of points and made Florida wake up. That was in the Bluegrass State. In the Swamp, don't expect it to be so entertaining - at least not for Gator Haters. UF 34 - UK 10.

Buffalo at Auburn. This is a stat-padding pick. Auburn by as many as they chose. Let's say... AU 61 - Buffalo 0.

Tulsa at Navy. The Golden Hurricane bring a 2-1 record to Navy-Marine Corps Stadium and try to spoil Navy's attempt to extend their record to 4-0. Navy got it going last week against Stanford with improved QB play. With continued improvement at QB and by protecting the football, Navy can win easily today. On the other hand, if they get sloppy, Tulsa could make them pay. I like the Middies. Navy 28 - Tulsa 20.

Colorado at Georgia. The Buffs are bad now but will get better. The Dawgs are pretty good now and will get better. Stafford gets his second start and I look for steady improvement from the talented Frosh. Evidently, Colorado is decent against the run. The Dawgs could exploit them in the air, but I think Richt will take this opportunity to make his O-line and tailbacks work hard and improve. The Dawgs have shown an equal run-pass balance thus far this season and today will be no exception. However, look for the passing game to yield better results than the previous two outings. The Georgia defense is hoping for its third straight shut-out. A tall challenge, but it will be a great game-within-the-game to watch. Look for a big day from Georgia's front seven. UGA 38 - Colorado 6.

GO DAWGS!

Have a great day.

No comments: