Hunker Down Dawg Blog CFB Poll – Pre-Bowl Edition
1. Southern Cal - A team that has not lost since early in the 2003 season has earned this spot until beaten. However, I am not sure yet if I will pick them to beat Texas. We shall see.
2. Texas at Austin – I know they can score, but how well can they stop the USC offense? I cannot wait to find out.
3. Penn State – Solid year for the Nittany. One “last play of the game” away from creating a BCS controversy.
4. Notre Dame – Does it matter if I have them one spot ahead of OSU since they get their chance to prove it in Phoenix?
5. Ohio State – See # 4.
6. Oregon – Even though I think the Pac 10 was down some, their 10 wins were impressive.
7. Georgia – Yes we jump Auburn and West Virginia. That is what happens when you be-otch slap LSU for 60 minutes.
8. Auburn – Just beat Wisconsin, OK?
9. West Virginia – Speed. Looking forward to this match up.
10. LSU – Stays above VPI because they lost to a much better team than FSU.
11. Miami – One above VPI seems right.
12. VPI. Was that FSU’s defense from 1994?
13. Alabama – I am sure they are better than TCU.
14. TCU – Maybe they should play Bama instead of Texas Tech.
15. Louisville – Not really sure about them, but will see in the Gator Bowl.
16. Wisconsin – Good match-up woth Auburn will be fun to watch.
17. Florida – With a bowl win will end with a nice 9-3 season under new coach, having won against 3 biggest rivals.
18. Texas Tech – High flying offense, meet immovable object in Cotton Bowl.
19. Clemson – I really think they are a good team.
20. Georgia Tech – When not being schizophrenic, they are pretty good.
21. Boston College – Boy did they get screwed with the Smurf Bowl that is normally reserved for Tech.
22. Florida State – Welcome back defense. How was your slumber?
23. Michigan – What are you doing down there? At least you aren’t Tennessee.
24. Iowa – Interesting rematch with Florida in Outback Bowl.
25a. UCLA – I probably shouldn’t rank a team that loses by 47 points. Quitters.
25b. Navy – CIC Trophy for third straight year. First to 50 victory over Army.
Assail away if you feel the need.
Forgive me Father, for I am about to Sin
3 years ago